We leave for our Family Vacation in just over a month! We are super excited. Last year we went to Florida the end of August, and we are going again! I learned A LOT! So here is MY list of things that I think you NEED to bring with you!
This post contains affiliate links. So I can possible make a penny or two if you happen to click on them. Thanks for your support.
- BRING A RAIN PONCHO! I had a friend tell me I would need one. We went the end of August, and we are going around the same time this year… I didn’t listen to her! After the 1st day, we went and bought us all one! It will be sunny, then all of a sudden RAIN, BIG RAIN, not like a miserable rain where you want to sit inside, but it hits suddenly, and it will stop quickly, so you will want to stay at the park or wherever you happen to be… Besides, they make great #SUPERHERO Capes. we bought ours while we were there, but I found some at IKEA, they don’t sell them online, so here are some I found online. Go here for ponchos.
- Bring a Portable charger for your phone: and/or an extra battery! I brought a camera, and my phone, I LOVE taking pictures. One of the worse feelings is when you can’t because all your batteries are dead. I wish I would have brought one of these: This is the one I just ordered! There are also smaller and cheaper ones. Find a list of them here.
- PEPSI: I am a big Pepsi drinker, I love it, I don’t really like the other soda’s… This being said, they DO NOT CARRY IT IN ANY OF THE PARKS! It was heartbreaking, I really was sad. BUT no worries, you can bring in your own! That is what I did, the second day, I thought at the very least they would have ONE place that sold Pepsi… NOPE, nada! My hubby thought I would drink another kind, I can’t, I am a die-hard Pepsi fan, and when there isn’t Pepsi, I will drink Dr. Pepper, but they didn’t even have that. So BRING IT WITH YOU!
- Bring Light and airy clothes: When it comes to clothes, I wouldn’t bring jeans, or jean material items. It is hot and muggy, and the material is just too heavy. We brought a lot of dry fit items. Oh and if you happen to buy super cute linen shorts with a cute belt! Remember to take them off BEFORE you go into the ocean, as salt water and cute belts on linen shorts, will cause rust to leak all over said shorts, and ruin them. Just sayin.
- Comfortable SHOES! This is a MUST, I didn’t have a pair of running/walking shoes, and am so thankful that I bought some! You will be doing LOTS of walking! So get a good pair! I still have mine from last year, I like quality, but sometimes that comes at a price, so check out my idea on saving money on shoes here. (The coupon may be expired, but just do a search, or enroll and you will almost always find a coupon.)
- A fold-able, portable wagon or Stroller. Depending on the ages of your kids of course. My youngest are 5 and 6, and I understand that they should be able to walk MOST of the time, they still take twice as many steps as we do, besides, it is also convenient to carry all your stuff! We found this awesome fold-able wagon for cheap! I love it! We still use it! We were even able to check it in with our luggage at the airport! You can find different colors and styles for super cheap here.
- Baby Powder. This has so many uses, if you walk a lot, your feet with thank you for putting some in your shoes, as well as your nose. Added bonus, if you go to the beach, it does wonders to remove sand from your body! Oh and speaking of the beach, if you go, don’t forget beach towels!
- Bring baggies and garbage sacks. You will want a baggie so that you can keep small items, like money, cards… DRY! It needs to be small so you can fit it in your pockets. The garbage sacks I like to keep so I can pack up my dirty clothes in them.
- Fanny Pack? Well maybe not a fanny pack, but something that you can put stuff in that can be attached to you. If you carry a purse, your really not going to want to lug it around with you ALL DAY! While we were there last year, Universal Orlando gave us this cute back pack type thing… SO thankful! I promise, find something, that is easy to carry! I may buy me one of these fancy Fanny Packs! Find some fun ones here. Who knows, maybe I will bring them back in style.
- LOTS OF LOOSE CHANGE! If you are taking a shuttle, You won’t have to worry about this, but if you are renting a car, and going anywhere, you will need change for the Toll roads! In Utah we don’t have them, BUT you will need to go thru them, right out of the airport, and on many roads!
I hope you like my list, what would you add or change?
Love, Melissa June